Finale + Holding On And Letting Go, requested by anon
“baby” i say in reference to a character who can kill without a second thought
This is the best thing I’ve seen this week.
I love how many notes this has gotten.
Rose, you are magnificent.
Frankly, I’m baffled. I want to yell “where are you all coming from???”
Because my anti-A$ post has jumped about 500 notes as well in the past 72 hours or so.
“ease the burden of people and families living with autism”
Bringing this back again.
This is incredible. Thank you for posting this. This damn near made me cry
As someone with an autism spectrum disorder, this disgusts me so much I just want to throw up.
This needs to stop.
My little brother has autism and holy god damn. Burden? Disease? Wow.
Best response ever.
Lol, it’s quite obvious, this organization really just wants to take your money. It’s a scam.
I wish the people that donate and participate in the walks every year figured that out just as easily as you did.
Autism speaks has never spoken for individuals on the Spectrum, it never has, and it never will - because their interest is not in genuine advocacy. It’s in exploitation.
The spreading/perpetuation of bullshit stereotypes and waging a pointless, warrantless pity crusade for money and attention.
- We do not need curing. Many of us wouldn’t want to be cured even if it was possible.
- Our families are not burdened by some unfortunate “disease”.
- You sure as hell do not speak for me.
- Fuck you.
More reasons to hate Autism Speaks (taken from this post):
- Autism Speaks as far as I know does not have one Autistic Person making policy decisions on what the organization will lobby, spend research money on, and portray autism as in the media.
- Autism Speaks continues to portray Autism in a very negative way, using phrases such as “disaster”, “hopeless” and “epidemic”. While I’m aware that there are some challenges that come with Autism – its not all negative.
- Autism Speaks implies by its name, and how it interacts with the media that it is the ultimate authority on what Autistic People need – its not.
- Autism Speaks continues to bully, threaten, harass and intimidate Autistic People who stand up against their organization.
- Autism Speaks’ negative portrayal of Autistic People has caused many people significant hardships in social interaction – more so then what Autism in itself would cause.
- An Autism Speaks employee who has an Autistic Daughter said in a widely distributed and often aired on television documentary that she wanted to “drive her Autistic Daughter off a bridge”.
- There is no accountability of where the money donated to Autism Speaks goes.
- Autism speaks uses legal threats to bully those with Autism that are advocating against Autism Speaks.
A guy I don’t know very well handed me his yearbook and asked me if I wanted to sign it.
I said yes, and shortly after he added, “Just don’t write anything gay.”
I wrote this:
Fuck my actual butthole. You are a boy and so am I. We are going to have sex that is gay. Pound my rock hard cock and bite me.
If there is one thing that is absolutely certain, it’s that Jared Padalecki is very good at his job. It is also common knowledge that genre shows are usually left out of prestigious award ceremonies and are generally lacking in the recognition they often deserve. As a result, there are some very talented actors and actresses who go unrecognized and unrewarded for the brilliant portrayals they bring to the screen.
Jared Padalecki is one of those people. Regularly going up against actors who are just as good as well as oftentimes being seasoned veterans, Jared continually proves to the audience that he can not only hold his own, but go above and beyond what the basic expectations are for his portrayal of Sam Winchester.
Jared has many skills that are incredibly rare in an actor, skills that are apparent to even me, a person who is about as skilled in theater as a fish is on land. As said before, Jared is routinely paired with actors and actresses who are not only extremely good at what they do, but also have three times the experience that he does and each time, Jared holds his own. And not only does he hold his own, but he has chemistry with every single one of them. He listens, he reacts, he responds to what’s going on around him, to the actions of the people he is working with. He’s always present, always alert, always changing and adapting, taking risks and putting so much passion into each of those risks that they nearly always pay off.
And it’s not only the fact that he is naturally a wonderful actor but the fact that the character he is now most known for, Sam Winchester, has been put through the ringer in every single way possible. Jared has played everything from a man without a soul, to an intellectually gifted, empathetic man, a demon and a leviathan, Lucifer himself, an addict, and all the way to a man who lost nearly everything but still managed to save the world.
It’s not to say that he is more talented than his co-stars, but that Jared is just as good. He has a huge amount of talent, of sincerity in his portrayals, of love for what he does and a hell of an ability to adapt and change and knock it out of the park each time. And that needs be recognized and acknowledged as often as possible.